Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Pursuit of HappYness...



What is the pursuit of happiness? I just showed that film to my Business Communication students...very touching movie. I was inspired.

I was talking with Allen (he's one of the 4 foreign teachers at BWU) yesterday after our visit with the English Department at Beijing International Studies School and I made a realization...that adversity is something that everyone faces...but just in different forms. The director was a bit reluctant to accept me as a "foreigner." Perhaps, they see who you are by your bloodlines and not your country of birth. And then, of course, Tony dealt with culture shock and a completely different way of doing things.


I tried my hand at banana pancakes and chocolate chip cookies! :) The cookies were good...but...

I have a presentation to give tomorrow night on the spirit of the Olympics...

No comments: